Whether you’re living with a chronic condition or your body simply isn’t getting the vitamins and minerals necessary to thrive, infusion therapy can supply these nutrients to aid wellness and help promote optimal health.
According to the National Home Infusion Association, infusion therapy is commonly required to alleviate diseases that are unresponsive to oral antibiotics, such as cancer, dehydration, gastrointestinal disorder, congestive heart failure, hemophilia, immune deficiencies, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and more.
Let’s take a closer look at how infusion therapy works, and the types offered at the Longevity Centres of America:
How does infusion therapy work?
Infusion therapy is the administration of medication typically through a catheter or needle, but it can also refer to other non-oral administration of medicine, such as intramuscular injections and epidurals. Therapies most commonly administered intravenously include antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral, chemotherapy, hydration, pain management and parenteral nutrition drugs.
Types of IV infusion therapies offered at the Longevity Centres
While lifestyle changes such as a healthier diet and regular exercise make a large impact on wellness, our physicians believe your body needs more help than that to absorb vitals vitamins and nutrients. Here are the infusion therapies we offer at the Longevity Centres:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Also referred to as the “master antioxidant,” this infusion therapy is primarily used to cleanse toxins from the liver by increasing the production of glutathione. It also helps the body make other nutrients such as vitamins A and C, and promotes anti-aging benefits.
- Ascorbic Acid – This IV is pure vitamin C, which can give the immune system a significant boost to defend itself against infection and disease.
- Chelation – ACAM Protocol – A detox therapy that rids the body of harmful agents like lead and mercury. It can help address coronary heart disease and heavy metal toxicity.
- Chelation – Longevity Infusion Protocol – A new method of chelation that enhances detoxification. It’s loaded with beneficial ingredients that can bind and eliminate heavy metals while also promoting antioxidant properties and reducing discomfort.
- Dental Amalgam Protocol – When dental amalgam is used to restore teeth, it has been said that it releases an unnecessary amount of mercury into the body. This therapy removes the amalgam, followed by chelation therapy to address mercury toxicity in the body.
- Chronic Fatigue – To alleviate strong feelings of fatigue, this therapy contains magnesium chloride, vitamins B1, B5, B6, B12, B complex and C to jumpstart the energy production.
- IV Lipid Exchange – This therapy includes IV glutathione and phosphatidylcholine to counter cellular oxidation and oxygen radicals. It can help to correct cholesterol abnormalities, combat liver toxicity, rid the body of metabolic pollutants and boost the immune system.
Our physicians at the Longevity Centres of America take pride in encouraging patients to take control of their lives through hormone balance, healthy diet, regular exercise and infusion therapy to ensure they’re receiving vital vitamins and minerals to thrive. For more information on living your life to the fullest, don’t hesitate to reach out to the professionals at the Longevity Centres today. We look forward to helping you reach optimal wellness.